Happy Holidays from Fiber Circle
The holidays are truly upon us now.
Even better? ***It’s KNITTING SEASON!***
It’s time to get serious about those knitted gifts on your Nice List. Hurry in to pick your fibers during our 30% off yarn sale. (only Noro is excluded)
Have you waited too long? Forgotten that special teacher that deserves more than a gift card? No worries! We have tons of beautiful shawls, felted hats and more already knitted in our gift boutique. We promise not to tell who made them!
We also have a huge selection of “Gifts for Knitters” – many under $10.
Come treat your BFFs – Best Fiber Friends.
Now open in Farmersville: Over Yonder – a delightful sandwich and tea shop.
Bring your friends and make a Ladies’ Day of it.
- Dec 1 – Toe Up Sock Class (Part 1) – $20
- Dec 2 – Granny Square Stocking Ornament CAL (repeat)
- Dec 9 – Cables Hat – $20
- Dec 15 – Toe Up Socks (Part 2)
- Dec 16 – Last minute gifts! Repeat of the Fingerless Mitts KAL and/or a repeat of the Granny Square Stocking Ornament CAL – either of these projects works up fast enough to tuck into Santa’s Sleigh…just sayin’!
- Jan 25 – Pajama Party – Cast on for the February Lady Sweater
- Jan 27 – Special Sit N Knit/Cast On in case you missed the Pajama Party
- Sock Classes – We have a new series of sock classes in the works. Details rolling out after the holidays – Stacy is SO EXCITED!
- Ravel like a Rock Star – Free classes to help you get the most out of all the incredibly useful features on Ravelry. Dates/Times to be announced.
- Fair Isle Hat Class – By request, we’ll repeat this class for everyone who missed it. Stay tuned for dates/times..
- Cables Class – Take the mystery out of cable knitting – class dates TBD.
- Knitting Digitally – Let us convert you to digital knitting and save a few trees in the process.
- Beginner Knitting – We can’t wait to help you become a Knitter. All you need is a little time and practice; we can help with all the rest.
- Beginner Crochet – We never forget our Crocheters (and Wanna Be Crocheters); classes coming soon.
Continuing Socks Class 201 – Toe Up Socks
December 1st and 15th – both Saturdays 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Note – There is a week break between classes
If you’ve only tried cuff down socks and you’re ready to try toe up, then this is the class for you. Class instruction will include Judy’s Magic Cast On (JMCO), afterthought heels and Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off (JSSBO).
This is a 2-day class with homework in-between classes. The first class will be the JMCO and starting the pattern up the foot. Homework is to knit the foot and at least 2” past the waste yarn. The second class has you inserting the afterthought heel and continuing up the leg to reach the ribbing and finally the JSSBO.
- 100g sock yarn, DPNs, stitch markers (at least 2)
Class fee: $20
Note – This class is not for first time sock knitters; must have some experience with sock knitting.
December 9 – Sunday – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Cabled hat – Learn how to cable without a cable needle.
Note – There is homework required before this class due to the long, folded brim. Please come in for your supplies and a copy of the pattern, then cast on and knit the brim before the first class. It’s a simple 2×2 ribbing, but it’s long enough to fold over, so it takes some time.
**Instruction will start with the cabled section.
- 3 colors of worsted weight yarn (Carlton 100% Superwash Wool) 70-80g of main color, 10-20g CC1, less than 10g of CC3
- OR – 100g for single color hat
- Circular needles: US7 (4.5mm) and DPNs for crown shaping (optional)
Class Fee – $20 + materials
Note – There is a free pattern (2 color) and a paid pattern (3 color) for this project. Stacy used the free version “Freedom and Cables” for knitting the sample hat, but used the “Tiny Lumberjack Hat” projects loaded to Ravelry for the color inspiration.
Freedom and Cables is a free pattern, but is loaded to the designer’s website. Link to the website from Ravelry
Knit-A-Long / Crochet-A-Long
Faux Fur Fingerless Mitts
December 16 – Sunday 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Free Knit-A-Long (KAL)
These simple and fun fingerless gloves start with soft, fluffy faux fur at the cuffs and then switch to simple 1×1 ribbing with worsted weight yarn. They are knitted flat with a small gusset for the thumb and seamed up the side. A fast and easy project once you get past the faux fur.
- Fun Fur/fluffy yarn
- Less than 30g of worsted weight yarn
- Needles: Circulars or long straight needles
No registration required. Instruction will start around 1 pm.
Mini Granny Square Stocking Ornament
Dec 2nd & 16th from 1-3:00 pm
Make this adorable, addictive, and amazingly cute little project.
Did we mention it’s CROCHET?! And the class is FREE.
Instruction will start around 1 pm.
You’ll need about an hour for the first one and only small amounts of yarn.
The second one goes much faster and trust us; you’ll want to crochet a whole bunch of these!
- 3 colors of worsted weight yarn
- Crochet hook: Size G/6 (4.25mm)
**NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED for Stocking Ornament CAL**
February Lady Sweater KAL
January 25, 2019 – Cast On Pajama Party!!
Join us for a Pizza & PJs Cast On Party
6:00 – 6:30 pm – Arrival
7:00 pm – Official Cast On
This is a perfect “first time sweater” for intermediate level knitters.
The “February Lady” is flattering to many body shapes and is easy to size. Learn how to do one-row buttonholes and a circular garter yoke. The body and sleeves are an easy to memorize lace pattern. Come in soon to get your supplies.
- All classes must be pre-registered with your name, phone number and email address.
- Sign up sheets are available at the store.
- A 50% deposit is required at time of registration – spaces are limited for each class.
- Minimum 4 registrations per class or the session becomes subject to reschedule or cancellation and all deposits promptly refunded.
- KAL/CALs are free with purchase of materials. No registrations required. Just come ready to learn something new and have some fun with your BFFs (Best Fiber Friends).
Please join our new Ravelry Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram @fibercircle
- Store hours:
- Wednesdays 10:00 – 2:00
- Thurs-Saturday 9:30 – 5:00
- 1st and 3rd Sundays 1:00 – 3:30
- Extended HOLIDAY hours:
- Open Sundays through December 16th from 12:00 – 4:00 pm
- Closed Thanksgiving Day (11/22)
- Open Black Friday (11/23)
- Closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- Closed New Years Eve and New Years Day